Hi everyone! It has been a while since I have been moved to blog but I had such an epiphany this week I just need to share.
As most of you know I am practicing and studying to become a Rahini Yoga teacher. All that I have learned and experienced this year in the program has been truly life changing for me. As my teacher says , “take your yoga off the mat”. Live a yogic lifestyle.
So as life,ever changing, threw me yet another curve ball this past week, I applied the 6 Rahini Yoga Principles to my situation. We were being quized on them, and as I was memorizing them that is when the light bulb went off! These apply to your Yoga Asanas (poses) but I will apply them here to life experiences.
1. Begin each day with a healthy Attitude, Awareness and Attention. This means to be mindful. Exude a healthy spiritual attitude. Create inner awareness which you need to cultivate, and “begin each moment of attention wtih an equal moment of intention”!
2. Remember to breathe. Allow your breath to solidify your foundation. Allow the breath to move your energy and to be the link between your body and mind. It will calm and clear your mind to be able to handle whatever is thrown your way, good or bad.
3. Create your foundation. This is the base of your support. Only through this “groundedness” can you experience ultimate stability. You may waver, be shaken, but you will never fall. Yield and Radiate!
4. Draw awarness to your core. This is your center. Activating this will get you into, allow you to hold and get you out of any situation handed to you.
5. Draw awareness to your alignment. Apply the first four principles and know that there are 3 bodies to align; the outer, the inner and the spiritual body.
6. Draw awareness into your experience. After any life change or situation, good or bad, see how it feels. This is different for each of us. This experience represents a portion of self discovery and self reflection. Tune in – Take it in. A quote from my wonderful teacher, “after the pose, take notice, go with the flow, see how it goes”. Apply that to whatever befalls you.
So this past week, as life threw me yet another “curve ball”, I applied these six principles with amazing results!
Is there something going on in your life? Whatever that may be for you, take a moment, breathe and live your yoga!
Remember I am offering free health history consultations for anyone interested in needing support with lifestyle changes. Visit my website balance4healthyliving.com and fill out a health history evaluation form to set up an appointment. ” Could one conversation change your life”